I am certain my microwave does not become a catastrophe area immediately, but occasionally it sounds that way! Once in a while I will head to use it, just to be greeted by a microwave filled with splatters, smears, and baked-on food messes. And have you ever attempted to wash off that stuff? It is hard work! But fortunately I have a few tricks up my sleeve. I haven’t one, but two methods which you may use to clean your microwave little to no effort. And they both operate employing the energy of steam!
How To Clean Microwave Easily
Developing a steamy environment on your microwave can help to loosen the super-stubborn food messes which are inclined to accumulate indoors. When the steam works its own magic, these messes are simple to wipe up with a sponge, cloth, or paper towel. There is no better or faster way to wash a microwave, in my humble opinion! So now I will be discussing the two of my microwave cleansing procedures together with you, since it is always great to have choices!
The first method employs vinegar, which will be among my all-time favourite all-natural cleansers. However, I understand that a few people (my spouse and sons included) could be sensitive regarding the odor of vinegar, so that is why I’ve included another cleanup method too. The second method employs water and lemon oil to clean and sanitize the interior of the microwave, minus the vinegar odor. I feel both approaches work equally well, so pick whichever one appeals to you or whichever method you’ve got the equipment for!
- Add the lemonSlice the lemon in half and squeeze the juice to the water. Dip the lemon wedges to the bowl.
- Let stand for 5 minutes: Don’t open the microwave ; the steam trapped indoors will help loosen food gunk.
- Wash the microwaveOpen the door and remove the bowl together with the lemons. Wipe the interior of the microwave wash beginning with the ceiling as well as the sides.
- Scrub the stubborn stains: Should you happen across stubborn stains that will not easily wipe off, dip the corner of your dishtowel from the lemon-water and wash until the place stems off.
- Bear in mind the doorway: While you are wiping, do not forget to wipe down the doorway.
Alter the turntable: In case you took it out, set the turntable back and you are good to go with a pleasant, clean microwave!
How many times you use your microwave will determine how often you have to wash it. We urge families which use the microwave often to provide it once-over weekly, and then utilize among these, deep-cleaning methods every couple weeks.
Routine cleaning will stop a critical build-up of stains and food that will be harder to eliminate over time.